Okay! Just got tagged! Thank you for Ndari who tagged me like a couple of minutes ago, got me back to my writing seat..err..bed.. Okay, that was a load of bollocks..now on to my 10 random facts which surprisingly feels like filling up a bulletin board post on Friendster.
- I was born 24 years ago. March 3, 1984. That would be on a Saturday, which explains why I love Saturday nights so much. I’m sort of physically fit, standing at 172cm and weighing in at 75kg. Problem is, around 3kg of the weight is dedicated to the ever growing beer belly *sigh*.
- I am currently working at the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conference & Exhibition) industry. I’m an event planner, I specialize myself in event registrations, handling meeting rooms and managing myself throughout the event. I live and breathe event planning, and I am good at it.
- I speak English better than my own mother tongue.
- I was born from a Balinese belly and a West Sumatran sperm.
- I am very anal about what I wear. One thing you’re not gonna see me do is strutting my ass out to town in no less than a well-ironed jeans, a t-shirt if I’m feeling relaxed, a nice shirt whenever I go to a lounge or cafe and a nice pair of kicks.
- To me, music represents a lot of things. I LOVE jazz. However, I am also a big fan of trance/techno/house music. But nothing too dark. I’m more into vocal trance and liquid house. I can listen to dance music in broad daylight. To me, dance music calms my nerves and it sometimes sends me to my sleep. Downtempos, world music and loungy tunes are also my genre of choice.
- I was a Tari Saman instructor back in college. I also did the Kecak and Tari Betawi. I’m very big on culture and if given the opportunity, I can just leave everything and go on travelling. No writing travel news or what not, just plain travelling. I love seeing new places and experience new things, whilst keeping it away from the extremes.
- My biggest turn on would be a woman who speaks English well, health-conscious, has a nice sense of humor and a bit wild. Physically, I’m an ass and back person. Big boobs are great if you can still cup them. Bigger than that, then you’re basically screwing watermelons with legs.
- My poison would be the Dharmawangsa Hotel’s Chocolate Martini, ice cold Heineken, Smirnoff Ice, DIY Screwdriver and/or Whiskey-Coke. I prefer Johnnie Walker over Jack Daniels for whiskey and Smirnoff over Absolut for Vodka. The most poisonous drink I had was a 90% polish vodka, didn’t do anything on the shot, but I nearly fell off while trying to wake up the next day.
- If incognito philosophy is a name of a genre in philosophy, then I’m quite incognito with philosophy.
So, there you have it. Ten random facts about me. Thank you for your time reading the facts above.
People say that you have to write what’s in your heart. I for one, believe in that golden rule. When I heard this song for the first time, it broke my heart and I genuinely wept. Why? I don’t know.. I seriously have no clue why tears suddenly wet the sides of my face. I didn’t feel that much of a connection between me and the song. True, I was in a phase where I always seem to have reason to feel not good enough and it’s always hard at the end of the day. But overall, it wasn’t at the point where I felt like I was going suicidal or anything.
This song means a lot to many different people. It’s that one song that you can always perceive differently in different situations. To me, it symbolizes the fall and rise of truly being human. I think the reason why this song appeals to a lot of people, is it’s strong human values.
I came accross an interesting blog, it’s at jakartasocial.wordpress.com. It’s filled with news regarding Jakarta’s socialites. I’m not a socialite because for one thing, one cannot proclaim oneself to be a socialite. Okay, to lessen the douchebag feel, I’m gonna put in a definition by Wikipedia on what socialite is:
“A socialite is a person who is noted as a member of fashionable society due to his or her regular participation in social activities and fondness for spending a significant amount of time entertaining and being entertained. Socialites are usually in possession of considerable wealth, inherited or self-made, that can sustain their steady attendance at social functions.” (Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialite)
Okay I know the definition is a bit dodgy and all you socialites out there, feel free to comment on this post if you think that the definition is wrong. But we’ll take the Wiki entry as a benchmark for the rest of the post.
Whew.. It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on this blog. Been posting on my other joint-blogs (yes, I have three blogs; this one, milikindonesia.wordpress.com & paguyubian.wordpress.com). I actually couldn’t come up with a creative idea to write. Heck, up till now, I’m still postponing my trip to lombok series and the trip was like a month ago already!
So, instead of thinking up a creative idea to write and impress all of you readers with an almost sharp-witted post, I thought up, why not write about something that I’ve been experiencing lately? I was standing in front of the office’s toilet mirror when I thought that..I think I’m finally loosing weight gradually! And no, I’m not a narcissist..rather someone who feels he’s obligated to share to all of you who would like to loose some weights, the things I’ve been enduring the past month or so.
I actually got this story from my e-mail but I don’t know whether this is a true story or not, but it’s definitely worth reading! Kinda makes you think a lot about things going about in your life.
If this is a true story then my friend, you have done me a big favor by writing your story. Thank you to whoever you are. Enjoy the read.
“When You Divorce Me, Carry Me Out in Your Arms”
Pada hari pernikahanku, aku membopong istriku. Mobil pengantin berhenti didepan flat kami yg cuma berkamar satu. Sahabat2ku menyuruhku untuk membopongnya begitu keluar dari mobil. Jadi kubopong ia memasuki rumah kami. Ia kelihatan malu2. Aku adalah seorang pengantin pria yg sangat bahagia. Ini adalah kejadian 10 tahun yg lalu. Hari2 selanjutnya berlalu demikian simpel seperti secangkir air bening: Kami mempunyai seorang anak, saya terjun ke dunia usaha dan berusaha untuk menghasilkan banyak uang. Begitu kemakmuran meningkat, jalinan kasih diantara kami pun semakin surut.
Now, for those of you didn’t know, I used to blog at another system. That was until a couple of days ago, a best friend of mine decided that she’d make me an author on one of her blogs. The blog itself is called , do give it a visit if you haven’t already. The blog itself contains “reminders” of what Indonesia has to offer. It’s still in bilingual, some posts are in Indonesian and some are in English, some even incorporate both :P But do give it a visit and give us feedbacks on how to improve.
Anyways, coming back to my personal blog. The blog will mainly contain stuffs I’ve…well, think of it as a life journal of some sort. I’ve only imported posts from my previous blog so it’s still a bit of a mess and the post before this (which, I promised I’d continue) has not yet been continued yet. Just got heaps and heaps of things to do at work but a promise is a promise and I will continue the series :P
This blog is not for everyone in that sense of not everyone will actually get what I’m trying to say. But at times, I guarantee you there will be some fun stuffs to be read.